TCB Band Fan Poll
What do you think to the new look of the website?
Who's OnlineWe have 14 guests online
|Glen D's Biography|
Birthday: 18 April. Star sign: Aries.
Glen D Hardin was born in Collingsworth County, Texas. He learned to play the piano by the age of eight but hadn't thought about playing the piano professionally until he got a job at the infamous Palomino Club in Long Beach, California. His music career then really took off in 1962 when he became a member of The Crickets, previously Buddy Holly's band. During this time Glen started to write music and songs not only for The Crickets but other fellow artists at Liberty Records. In 1965 one song, Count Me In, became a number one hit for Gary Lewis and the Playboys. In the same year, he joined the Shindogs along with James Burton and became a regular on the TV show Shindig. Throughout the late sixties, Glen D worked in recording studios with many other artists of that period.
He joined the TCB Band in 1970 through to 1976 and as well as playing piano for Elvis both in recording sessions an live performances, Glen D arranged music for him and was a key member of the group. He received a gold record for arranging the music on Elvis's hit, The Wonder of You. Also during the seventies, he worked on recording sessions with Dean Martin, Gram Parsons and Linda Ronstadt and was a member of the Hot Band working with Emmylou Harris into the eighties. Glen D, along with Jerry and James, also performed with John Denver both on tour and in the studio. Other recording artists he has worked with into the nineties include Bing Crosby, Kenny Rogers, Michael Nesmith (from The Monkeys), Hoyt Axton, Chris Hillman and reunion concerts with The Crickets. You will also see Glen D with the TCB Band on Roy Orbison's Black and White Night DVD.
In August1997, he teamed up once more with the TCB Band for the first ever production of Elvis - The Concert in Memphis, reuniting a whole host of musicians and singers with Elvis via video. He has since toured worldwide with this production and continues to perform with a number of vocal artists, taking care of business musically with his three friends and colleagues.
Click on a song title to hear a sound bite or for further information (Sound bites open in Windows Media Player. Click here to download player).
Find out more about Glen D by visiting the following sites:
Published by Ann Sunderland / Source: www.tcbfanclub.com
TCB Band Fan Shoutbox
- Briget : You there ?
- Briget : Hi Margo not even thought about it yet. Hope things are good with you and hope to see you soon.
- Russell : do we know if we can book for the tour viist to vienna on 16 - 17 - 18 January 2015 . Are Ann and Bridget going. Do we know who else from the UK are interesting in going.
- Colm : Hi everyone hope you all had a good summer,
- NANNYFAN : Checking when my membership expires ? Last year didn"t receive notice and had a lot of trouble renewing. Could you help me please.
- Briget : Happy birthday James!
- mike wright : Hi Colm, how are things. At Mo touring dear old England on our narrowboat TUPELO E.
- Briget : Colm sorry you won't be able to make it to Stourbridge : - (
- Colm : Not sure Mike, waiting on a work schedule. Im sure it will be a great night
- mike wright : Hi Colm, are you coming to Stourbridge
- Briget : Following the sun Colm : - ) have fun.
- Colm : Just booked flights to Barcelona for the show there
- Briget : Happy Christmas to all : - )
- Colm : Happy Christmas to all the members of the TCB fanclub
- Briget : Great to see Jerry doing another show in March 2014. Can't wait : - )
- Colm : Its great to hear that the concerts in Brazil are very successful
- Colm : What a concert in Paris. The band were great
- Briget : Hi Mike. Enjoy Paris Colm and Margaret : - )
- Colm : Everyting good here Mike, heading off to Paris in the morning for the concert on Monday evening. Happy days.
- mike wright : Hi Colm and Margaret. Hope you are both well and enjoying life. Best Wishes. Mike and Margie(Narrowboat TUPELO)
Only registered users are allowed to post