TCB Band Fan Poll
What do you think to the new look of the website?
Who's OnlineWe have 25 guests online
|Sofia - 29 January 2008|
Review by Rover
On the 29th of January 2008, part of The TCB Band Tour with Dennis Jale was a private dinner show taking place in The Palms Casino located at The Hotel Expo, Sofia, Bulgaria. The venue itself was carefully set for the scene later that evening for a select group of about 60 people. Rehearsals for the show had taken place earlier that day, with sound and lighting technicians, staff and guests enjoying every minute of it all as they leant against the one-armed bandits at the back of the casino giving it the appearance of a mini 'Vegas'. At one point, a member of staff played a machine behind one of the many potted 'palm trees' scattered around the place and scored a triple. Instead of getting the normal three cherries, we had three Hawaiian girls dancing, much to my amusement, to the beat of The TCB Band rehearsing Promised Land! In the intimately lit alcoves, tables were set with drinks and hors d' oeuvres for those involved with the preparations, with an array of sculptured jazz musicians located in the walls looking as if they were about to come to life and join in with the rehearsals. Come evening time, how the place had transformed from only hours earlier when the sound check and rehearsals took place. Here we had tables positioned in front of the newly assembled stage which was waiting to be occupied by The TCB Band and the rest of the cast. Limited space meant the entire stage was practically occupied with Ron Tutts drums, Glen D's keyboards, two stools with guitars leaning against them waiting for their prospective players James and Jerry and Manfred Chromy's upright bass sprawled across the front of the stage. The best part of all of this was that the front tables were so close to the stage you could reach out and touch it. We were fortunate enough to have one of those tables and the last time we experienced anything like this was in November 2006 at the House Party held at Duns Castle, Scotland, where The TCB Band performed for fifty people. The show kicked off after dinner at about 9pm, with the recorded Sprach Zarathustra theme from 2001 'A Space Odyssey'. As soon as the first solitary note filled the room, the audience went from chatting amongst each other, into immediate applause and cheers. There may have only been a small number of people at this show in comparison to the main venues but here we had a confirmed example of size not really mattering!. Mark my words, the electricity in that room from that first note, was something else. As the 'strains' continued it lead in to Ron Tutt's powerful drum intro eventually leading The TCB Band, The Sweet Inspirations and The Jam Gang in to C.C. Rider, bringing the immaculately presented Dennis Jale onto the stage adding his vocals. Immediately after came I Got A Woman, You Gave Me A Mountain and Blue Suede Shoes. Things were then brought to a quieter level with Are You Lonesome Tonight and Love Me Tender. The TCB Band and cast kept their audience captivated for over an hour before finishing off with Suspicious Minds, Burning Love and Can't Help Falling In Love. Looking around you could see every guest at their tables in all of their finery busting with excitement and the promoters with the same excitement and a hint of anticipation as to how this bit of Elvis history was going to work tonight. What started off with fingers and hands tapping on the tables, soon ended up with ties being loosened and top shirt buttons being undone. Numerous pairs of high heels were being left under the tables by the majority of people who danced where a space could be found on the floor to dance in. This was indeed a truly magical evening and the atmosphere was buzzing. Up close and personal in the company of The TCB Band along with The Sweet Inspirations, Dennis Jale , The Jam Gang , The Jam Gang Gospel singers and Manfred Chromy. There is a lot to be said about special times like these and you tend never to forget them.
Published by: Rover/ Source:www.tcbfanclub.com
TCB Band Fan Shoutbox
- Colm : looking forward to the concert in Barcelona on Saturday evening.
- Briget : Congratulations Ron on this great news. Fans worlwide are so happy for you : - )
- Ann : Done!
- Briget : to home page sorry have deleted the previous one. ont know whats happening I cant do anything on here now !
- Briget : hiya can you add another flyer for 2015 tour please. Each time I add it it jumps to the top of the page agghhhh
- Russell : hope all fans of TCB Band have a good 2015. I am looking forward to see the band and Dennis in Barcelona in January,
- mike wright : Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to the TCB Band and Fraternity
- Briget : You there ?
- Briget : Hi Margo not even thought about it yet. Hope things are good with you and hope to see you soon.
- Russell : do we know if we can book for the tour viist to vienna on 16 - 17 - 18 January 2015 . Are Ann and Bridget going. Do we know who else from the UK are interesting in going.
- Colm : Hi everyone hope you all had a good summer,
- NANNYFAN : Checking when my membership expires ? Last year didn"t receive notice and had a lot of trouble renewing. Could you help me please.
- Briget : Happy birthday James!
- mike wright : Hi Colm, how are things. At Mo touring dear old England on our narrowboat TUPELO E.
- Briget : Colm sorry you won't be able to make it to Stourbridge : - (
- Colm : Not sure Mike, waiting on a work schedule. Im sure it will be a great night
- mike wright : Hi Colm, are you coming to Stourbridge
- Briget : Following the sun Colm : - ) have fun.
- Colm : Just booked flights to Barcelona for the show there
- Briget : Happy Christmas to all : - )
Only registered users are allowed to post