TCB Band Fan Poll
What do you think to the new look of the website?
Who's OnlineWe have 10 guests online
|Elvis The Concert - Feb/March 2010|
Elvis The Concert UK
Review by Briget
Just over three and a half years ago at the last Elvis In Concert (Memphis 2007), Priscilla Presley dropped a great big bombshell slap bang in to our laps by telling us that it was the last time it would be seen again. All of a sudden it was announced last year that Stig Edgren was bringing it back and on February 19th 2010 it returned for a non stop two week European tour. Exciting for the thousands and thousands of fans who don't and never did want it to end but a gruelling schedule for The TCB Band and cast who are up on that stage performing with EP again for us. The first leg of the tour was two UK dates, Sheffield and Birmingham, before flying out to continental Europe and returning to the UK. The final show was in Paris at Le Zenith on Tuesday March 9th.
Not many changes really from the last performance in 2007 but who cares it was back, Elvis Presley In Concert his only ever tour outside of America/Canada! The show started with the alternate opening 2001 theme from Elvis On Tour. Elvis' name was then projected on to a black curtain with the venue name and date under it in white lettering. That amazing Google Earth zoom homes in on to a map of the UK taking us right to the time and place. The build up and excitement in the audience is furthered by the strains of the original 2001 A Space Odyssey along with the addition of the venue doors opening and Joe Esposito, Jerry Schilling, George Klein and Shawn Klush (dressed to look like Elvis) making their way to the stage. The opening finishes Shawn Klush (dressed to look like Elvis) walking across a stage projected on to a screen, shaking hands with some of the audience then he finally vanishes behind the curtain. The stage curtain falls away as Ronnie Tutt strikes with power and the cast and screen footage of Elvis (the real Elvis) are received with hysterical screams, excitement, cheers and applause.
As with the previous concerts the stage, lighting and presentation were exceptional with great state of the art video footage edited from Elvis' original concerts. The MGM TTWII, Elvis On Tour, the '68 Special and plenty of the Aloha From Hawaii footage. Lots of different angle shots and transitions, so if you sat way back and missed out on front seats you could still see it all from the screens. The stage was complete with I'd say at least thirty performers, The TCB Band, Joe Guercio, Nathan East (special guest) Ron Feuer (special guest) Graham Russell (special guest) The Sweet Inspirations, The Imperials with new member first tenor Aaron Odom replacing Gus Gaches and last but not least a wonderful orchestra.
The first part of the shows' set list consisted of seven tracks from The Aloha From Hawaii show including Elvis introducing his band, The Sweet Inspirations, The Imperials, Joe Guercio and his orchestra. As we know Jerry wasn't present on the tour and was missed very much by his absence. In his place was Nathan East, whom Joe personally introduced to the audience at each show. He did a great job having a good time with the audience and in the groove of things up on the stage. Nine clips from TTWII including Elvis still with a little biddy guitar, little biddy sideburns, little shakey leg and still having major problems with a handful of faulty mics! Plus more from Aloha Hawaii. Two gospel numbers from Elvis On Tour came next with The Imperials singing Sweet Sweet Spirit performed acapella style and How Great Thou Art with The Sweet Inspirations joining them. I don't know what it is about the gospels sections but it is almost as if someone sprinkles magic dust over the audience as everyone seems to become more alive! An outstanding If I Can Dream from The 68 Special took us to the intermission.
The second half of the show opened with music videos for the Elvis remix singles A Little Less Conversation and Rubberneckin'. A chance for The Sweet Inspirations next with Portia introducing herself and the girls before the always great to hear Sweet Inspiration. More from The '68 Special followed by seven clips from TTWII including Suspicious Minds which brought every venue down. The energy from all of the shows was there from the word go but it was something else when this kicked off. A further six songs from The Aloha Hawaii Concert brought the show to an end with rounds of applause and standing ovations lasting for up to ten minutes at a time.
Well that was it all over, again. Three and a half years ago it was doomed... finished... Who would have believed such a welcomed comeback. The energy from the entire cast sapped by the audience was unbelievable. You had to be there to experience it. They still get it right and that energy is still there. They nail it because they ARE the original cast and who could do it better? Nobody! So on behalf of the 100,000 plus fans who experienced this amazing concert, we thank The TCB Band, The Sweet Inspirations, The Imperials, Joe Guercio, Ron Feurer, Graham Russell, Nathan East, The Orchestra, the crew, tour manager Bill and anybody else we have forgotten to mention for bringing it back to us. Also a thank you to Stig for getting it to happen.
We here on The TCB Band website would like to dedicate this page to Todd Morgan as he is very much part of Elvis The Concert and is also credited for its existence.
Source:www.tcbfanclub.com /Published by:Briget
TCB Band Fan Shoutbox
- Briget : Great to see Jerry at Hot Shots performing with Jenson Bloomer and Mondo Carne.
- Marsh : thanks Briget
- Briget : Have a great time on the cruise Marsh ; - )
- Briget : Would have gone Margo if I had have known. Would love to go. Have fun : - )
- Marsh : Just booked tcb cruise for next may cant wait.
- Russell : i am going to germany and wondering who else is going so I could meet up with them. I am travelling alone so it would be great to link in with someone. xx M
- Colm : looking forward to the concert in Barcelona on Saturday evening.
- Briget : Congratulations Ron on this great news. Fans worlwide are so happy for you : - )
- Ann : Done!
- Briget : to home page sorry have deleted the previous one. ont know whats happening I cant do anything on here now !
- Briget : hiya can you add another flyer for 2015 tour please. Each time I add it it jumps to the top of the page agghhhh
- Russell : hope all fans of TCB Band have a good 2015. I am looking forward to see the band and Dennis in Barcelona in January,
- mike wright : Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to the TCB Band and Fraternity
- Briget : You there ?
- Briget : Hi Margo not even thought about it yet. Hope things are good with you and hope to see you soon.
- Russell : do we know if we can book for the tour viist to vienna on 16 - 17 - 18 January 2015 . Are Ann and Bridget going. Do we know who else from the UK are interesting in going.
- Colm : Hi everyone hope you all had a good summer,
- NANNYFAN : Checking when my membership expires ? Last year didn"t receive notice and had a lot of trouble renewing. Could you help me please.
- Briget : Happy birthday James!
- mike wright : Hi Colm, how are things. At Mo touring dear old England on our narrowboat TUPELO E.
Only registered users are allowed to post