TCB Band Fan Poll
What do you think to the new look of the website?
Who's OnlineWe have 22 guests online
TCB Band Fan Club, Powered by Joomla!
|Vienna - 15 & 16 January 2011|
Weiner Metropol, Vienna, 2011
Review by Mike and Margaret Wright (from the Black Country, England)
January 15/16th 2011 was our second visit to the Metropol to see the TCB Band and Dennis Jale. The 2010 show was brilliant, and we were looking forward to much of the same. We could only see the two shows because of flight times.As we entered the concert hall, feelings within were already gathering momentum. The first thing noticed was the instrumentation set up on stage, bathed in the soft stage lights. The auditorium was full of fans just waiting for the show. At last the time was upon us.The compare came onto stage and gave his pre show information in a most enthusiastic way.Joe Esposito and Joe Guercio came out front and gave the audience a most heartwarming talk about Elvis (as they would several times during the show), and Joe E said he was impressed by the great job that Dennis did with the songs.The house lights dimmed. The Also Sprach Zarathustra theme boomed out from the speakers, and on they came. Legends all. First was Glen D. Hardin (keyboards), followed by Jerry Scheff (bass). Next was Paul Leim (drums). Paul was standing in for Ronnie Tutt, but is a legend in his own right. Next was James Burton (lead guitar). To use an old phrase, "the joint was jumpin". They were followed by Gogo (guitar) and the Jam Gang musicians and singers. The applause was thunderous, and they hadnt started yet.Instruments were readied, and Paul started the drum intro for CC Rider. Dennis Jale came onto stage and started singing. The fusion of sound on this first number nearly took the roof off. As the show progressed, it got better and better (I wont list all the songs done, as they have already been mentioned by Bridgets great write up). Personal favourites were Steamroller Blues, Mary in the Morning, You Gave Me a Mountain (great vocal Dennis), Johnny B Goode, and Ill Remember You.The latter song was obviously tinged with sadness, due to the untimely passing of Myrna Smith. Prior to this song a tear-inducing tribute to Myrna was given by the two Joes and the song was not only appropriate, but beautifully done by Dennis and the band. The other major highlight of the show was the rockabilly section, including the Bill Monroe classic, Blue Moon of Kentucky and Baby Lets Play House. This was enhanced by the fantastic double bass playing of Manfred Cromy.
You know, although Elvis and other greats have passed on, the legacy of this wonderful music will live on through the inspiration of the whole TCB Band fraternity. They are all a living/loving tribute to a golden age of music. Long may it continue.
God Bless All. Roll on 2012.
Source: Mike & Margaret Wright/Published by:www.tcbfanclub.com
TCB Band Fan Shoutbox
- rossstewart : This is a way for the TCB Fanclub to get a show in the UK : - )
- rossstewart : Kickstarter for Gigs «link» - 22552747
- Briget : Yeah hurrayyyyy !!
- Colm : Happy weekend everybody
- Briget : Happy birthday Glen D : - )
- Ann : Yeah! Website back up and normal service resumed!
- Colm : No, Im not Briget.Hope to get to some of the shows closer to us.
- Briget : Would love to Colm. Are you? : - )
- Colm : Anybody heading to Brazil
- Briget : Ha ha ha Colm : - P
- Colm : To all my friends in the UK, I hope you enjoy the snow
- rossstewart : Hi Bridget , I was on but not in forgot to logout : - )
- Briget : Hi Ross
- Ann : Doubt I'll be able to make Yarmouth due to work commitments.
- Margaret : I will be going to Yarmouth. Will be wonderful to see the band.
- Russell : is anyone going to the Elvis Festival in Great Yarmouth in September. There is so many events involving the TCB it is difficuilt to chose. I would to win lottery to go to them all.
- Margaret : So excited to see TCB band in Bad Nauheim as have just booked with Stictly Elvis for the Bad Nauheim trip.
- rossstewart : Al working again, : - )
- Ann : Glad you got back in Ross. Will update my contacts so I know who you are next time :)!
- Russell : great review from Mike and Margaret on Jerry's concert. I enjoyed their company in Vienna. Hope to see a review and photos from that event.
Only registered users are allowed to post